Green Gram is a plant species belonging to the legume family. Basically, all the legumes are known to be rich in protein, fiber, Vitamin B, iron, zinc, magnesium, and potassium. Moongs are native to India, China, and Korea. They are used in various cuisines across Asia. They are used in many ways in India – dried beans are boiled until soft and then cooked, beans without skin are commonly used and they are used as sprouts too. In the south and north India, moongs are eaten as pancakes. They are also used to make festive dishes like Pongal, a cuisine with rice and moong (without skin).
Green Gram has high fiber and nutrient content and has many health benefits. It is a whole food. People who are dieting are often suggested to consider moong dal as a part of the diet. The fiber in moong dal keeps stomach full and satisfies it. They are the high source of nutrients like manganese, protein, copper, folate and potassium. They are rich in protein and help to lower the blood pressure and are recommended to be taken in everyday meals. Green Gram provides an equivalent amount of protein to that of chicken and steak. According to World Health Organisation (WHO), 80% of the world’s population is affected by iron deficiency. Women and children are in the greatest need of iron, green gram meets the daily requirement of the iron. Green Gram being rich in Vitamin B is helpful in building blood cells and maintaining healthy nerve cells. Vitamin B keeps our body well functioning, it is as important as oil to machines. It keeps our body energized for the whole day. Moongs are antioxidants which reverse the damage of the blood vessels. They are useful in fighting many chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, obesity and heart disease. Moong has the ability to lower the high cholesterol level. The Split Green Gram is often served in hospitals to the patient who is recovering from any kind of illness.
Vision Fresh Organic Green Gram not only fills your stomach and palate but also boosts immunity and protects against infections and viruses.
• Organic Green Gram – Handpicked by our workers and processed in natural conditions.
• 100% Natural- No artificial flavour and preservatives added.
• Life –12 months
• Energy Content- 347 calories per 100g
• They can be served as boiled dal or without skin.
• Keep in cool and dry place.
• Indian Cuisine
• No added preservative
• Weight- 1000g
• Made in India
DIRECTIONS OF USE
• Moong dal can be boiled and cooked. Serve hot.
• Gram skin can be removed and sweetened to make desert like moong ka halwa.
• Nutrition- It provides 347 calories per 100g. It has total fat of around 1.2g and has no cholesterol thus is not harmful for heart.
• The carbohydrate content for the same is 63g per 100g and protein is 24g.
• They are rich in fibre, protein and starch.
• They are useful in defending chronic diseases like obesity, cancer, diabetes and heart disease.